Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kitty



Here furry! Come Furball! Stinky! Sassafras! Come here already! Kitty! She looks up from her designated pillow, lets out a quiet, “Meow”, then goes back to sleep.

My 12 year old cat, named Kitty is the cutest, fattest, and laziest cat on planet earth. Her day consists of sleeping, eating, laying in the sun, begging for food, and then sleeping even more. She absolutely hates being brushed and I’m still trying to recover from the traumatic experience of trying to give her a bath! She is constantly trying to lick my fingers, but just ends up biting them. She is so old that she is barely able to jump up unto her chair and walks with a permanent limp.  I’m honestly surprised she even lived through my years of being a toddler. I would pick her up by the neck and throw her into my baby carriage. When I got older, I always had friends over for my birthday party. Kitty would hide underneath my parent’s bed and shake while we all tried to pet her. Let’s just say, this cat has been through a lot.

Kitty is truly my best friend. While most girls my age are hanging out with their boyfriends or other friends, I have my cat. I can always count on her and she will never tell anyone my deepest darkest secrets. She is always there for me with her soothing licks and purrs of encouragement.
 
However, if you aren’t my dad or I, my cat will hate you. She is not afraid to hiss or bite any stranger that even looks at her! The only possible way of ever becoming friends with her is to give her ice cream, her favorite food.

Even though sometimes it is hard to live with such a princess, I love her. She is the best kitty I could ever ask for. So I guess you can call me a cat person, but in my eyes I am a Kitty person.

5 comments:

  1. AWWWHHH! This was so cute! I personally am not a cat person, but this piece could potentially change my mind. You sound very attached to Kitty and that gave power to your writing! Great work! Keep it up! Also the picture adds alot! Maybe you could have even added to describing Kitty more too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat sounds awesome! The way you described her was pretty stereotypical for every cat. Lazy and that they don't care about anything. The picture tops off the whole post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes your cat hates me. She always hides from me and she even bit me once. She may hate me because I dented your wall! Your cat is pretty cool though. She is very pretty and I even petted her once. She has her own unique character and you caputed it perfectly in your writting. I really enjoyed your blog choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was purrfect! (: Get it? Okay, anyways, this was awesome! You talked about her like a person, and it showed how much you loved her. You also did really good while explaining why you love her, what she's gone through with you, etc. The last sentence was great for ending it and the picture made it the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job telling the story about why Kitty is so precious to you. I see couple of grammatical/style things: my dad or me (rather than I, because it is the object of that phrase); avoid words like always because it means it always happens. Often, frequently, usually are a bit safer because we know that "always" doesn't always happen.

    I enjoyed the details you added about how Kitty spends her day, how you "tortured" her as a child and how you appreciate her companionship today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete