Tuesday, April 30, 2013

16 Lessons


            There are only 16 days left before the school year of 2012-2013 is over. Only 16 days left of calling myself a junior.
            This year is a perfect example of how time flies. I have learned and experienced hundreds of lessons that will impact me for the rest of my life. Not everything has gone exactly according to plan, but looking back I wouldn’t change a thing.
            The biggest lesson I learned this year is that things won’t always be perfect. The best example I have is, 8 months ago my best friend moved away. This was one of the hardest transitions I ever had to go through. I quickly learned that things won’t be how they used to be.  With different time zones, new friends, and busy schedules, people grow apart and long distance relationships (of all kinds) take more work than I am usually willing to put into them. Other relationships are worth the work.
            I made a major change in my life when I joined the Beulah High School Cheer Team. Celebrating victory and victory again was incredible. Getting to know the football and basketball team and learning how determined and dedicated these guys were, inspired me to never give up until it truly is over. I’ll never forget all of the joy, memories, and tears I’ve shared with these people.
            As I turned 17, I learned what it means to be a true friend and how easy it is to make a difference in someone’s life. I took chances, like letting a complete stranger move in with me and opening myself up to different friends. Through this I have gained not one, but two new best friends. Others have taught me exactly what I don’t want to be.
            I know these aren’t all the important things that have happened to me, but they are the stories that have stuck out to me the most. My junior year has taught me to watch what I say. It’s easier to learn through other people’s stories than your own, and its okay to let go sometimes. Doing stupid things is part of high school. I know when my senior year comes, I will make a thousand more mistakes. I’m okay with that though. I’ll just add it to my list of 16 lessons and keep on moving on with life. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice reflective writing. I love your venue of the 16 mistakes to create your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really good job. I enjoyed what you were talking about, I'm really confused as of who moved away 8 months ago? Maybe you could've talked a little more about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how personable you make every blog. I can see you sitting and revising and erasing to make it perfect. You seem to put in a lot of time and thought into every topic. It works for you. I like how this one was set up. Nice work girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog was written in your voice. I could just hear you talking as I read it. You did a really good job capturing how much has changed for you this year. I know I have met amazing people who have changed me this year and if i could do it over again I wouldn't change a thing. I can't wait to see what our senior year has planned for us because I am sure it will be even more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely hear your voice come through in this! I'm glad you wrote about it so honestly! I think you did a great job and keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your personality shows through your master pieces! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete